Follow the steps below set-up your Brava Oven ready to cook
1. Unbox the oven
2. Put the oven to your designated kitchen location.
- The oven should be on a dedicated, 20-AMP circuit. This means when the oven is running, no other appliances or electronics should be running at the same time. Make sure the Brava is not connect to the same circuit as your refrigerator.
3. Plug in the oven to turn it on
4. Follow the prompts on the screen to set up the Brava
- Connect the Brava to your home WiFi. This is important to for receiving regular recipe and software updates
- Log into your oven using the account created when you ordered the Brava oven or create a new account on the oven.
5. Update your Brava software to the current version. Since your Brava was built several months ago, many new recipes and features have been added. Update your Brava as soon as possible to enjoy the latest features.
- If you do not plan to use the Brava for a few hours, you may simply leave Brava connected to your WiFI. The update will run automatically within a couple of hours.
- To update the software immediately, take the following steps:
- Ensure your Brava is connected to WiFI
- Unplug your Brava, wait 10 seconds, the plug back in
- Wait 10 minutes for software to download
- Unplug and plug the Brava again
- Put the Brava to sleep - go to Settings, Power, Sleep, Sleep Now
- The Brava should update within 10-20 minutes
6. Connect the Brava phone app to your Brava oven. The app allows you to watch your food cook on the phone. You can also view recipes, and favor or send recipes to your Brava.
- Download the app
- Google Play Store if you have an Android phone
- Apple App Store if you have an Apple phone or device
- Log into your new Brava phone app using the same account as the oven login
- Check your oven and phone app are connected
- On your phone app, go to My Account at the lower right corner
- Verify "Brava 1" is showing "Connected"
8. Check the TempSensor
- Plug the TempSensor into the connector in the oven
- You should hear a ping sound and the oven display should show a green banner indicating "TempSensor Connected"
9. Run a test cook
- Make sure the oven is empty and the TempSensor is removed from the oven
- Go to Reheat on the oven screen, select one minute, and press the flashing green button
- As the oven runs, go to your phone app and you should see a yellow banner showing Cooking. Click on the banner to see a live video on your oven cooking
Now, you're ready to start your first real cook!
If you have any questions or issues about these steps, please contact Brava Customer Success. Email us at email@example.com or call at 855-276-6767.