Keeping the Brava clean is essential to a good cooking experience. Refer to this video to learn more. Keep reading below the video for more information.
- We recommend wiping down the Brava after each use. A regular wipe down goes a long way towards keeping the Brava clean and avoid grease build-up.
- Use a damp cloth or towel but do not spray or allow a lot of water to gather in the chamber.
- Cleaners recommended include - soap and a wet cloth, Seventh Generation spray, or a Seventh Generation cleaning wipe.
Cleaning the Crumb Tray:
- There's a crumb tray that slides out from under your Brava! You can easily slide it out to remove crumbs and residue from toasting and baking. We recommend you clean your Crumb tray every couple of cooks to make sure no grease builds up or no large particles gather.
- Astonish oven cleaner is the most effective at cleaning the Brava. It can be found on Amazon.com
- Bar Keepers Friend (liquid form) is also a good cleaner.
- Do not use abrasive cleaning products like steel wool or harsh chemicals like Easy-Off in the Brava chamber or on the camera glass.
- Use a clean, damp cloth to wipe off any residue.
- Be careful around the lamps and DO NOT put cleaning supplies on the lamps.
Cleaning the Lamps:
- The Lamps clean themselves every time they turn on to run a cooking program. So, you never want to touch them or manually clean them. There is no need to regularly run the Clean Lamp feature we have. To see when to use this feature, see the next bullet.
- If something falls onto your lamps and you want to burn it off, you can use the Clean Lamp feature: Go to Settings --> Utilities and select Clean Lamps.
- Before cleaning the lamps, remove the crumb tray, clean it, and replace it
- Smoke may emit when you clean the lamps.
- Note: Our Clean Lamps cycle cleans the lamps only, not the Brava chamber. The Clean Lamp feature puts each of the 6 lamps to full power for 1 minute each. They get extremely hot to burn off anything that may have fallen on them.
Cleaning the Camera:
- Take a towel, rag, or a folded paper towel and gently wipe the camera glass after each cook to ensure a clear image of your food.
- The camera can be found in the Brava chamber directly beneath the middle of the touchscreen.